- Video Producer/Director
- Creative Strategist
- Digital Project Manager
Videographer, editor, creative strategist and digital project manager effecting process improvement through design of digital imaging systems and workflows; specialist in high volume media production, including interactive virtual experiences and event essentials; fiend for motion control video, visual story telling.
Startup veteran who once served as sole photo/video employee of Silicon Valley outfit and thus chief wrangler of all visual media assets; skilled in juggling nebulous objectives and shifting priorities via scrupulous organization and constant communication.
Enjoys manifesting the unknown.
Technology educator regarded for initiating, developing and teaching first UC Berkeley Digital Photography Program curriculum.
Adobe Certified Instructor.
Photographer/videographer signed to Getty Images and Corbis Motion for content licensing.
M.A. in Technology Education,
Alliant International University,
San Diego, California
B.A. in Photography
Brooks Institute of Photography,
Santa Barbara, California
Coursework in web development,
University of California Berkeley
Video Producer, November 2012-present
Translumin Productions, Emeryville, California
Producing short films, web-series, and multimedia content for writers, designers, architects and builders using motion-control techniques to craft video and high-res still images for print; expanding clients’ cross-channel marketing capacity with myriad options for digital assets.
- Among other projects, created multimedia recruiting video for Swinerton Builders (clients include CalTech and AECOM), collaborating remotely with virtual-camera, editorial and VO contributors; produced animations in After Effects; worked closely with Swinerton Corporate Communications to gather 125 years of archived assets.
- Producer, DP and Editor for pilot comedy series with writer/director Vicki Kozel
Senior Creative Director, April 2005-December 2012
Izmocars, San Francisco, California
Orchestrated creative output of company whose proprietary platform affords digital capabilities to dealers. Produced photography for Ford/Young & Rubicam, GM/Campbell Ewald, Mitsubishi/Traffic and Renault/Publicis. Oversaw scripts, shooting, editing, lighting and audio; recruited videographers, designers, animators, photographers and digital artists in the U.S., India and Belgium.
- Produced videos for vehicle-launch events – frequently with 24 hours to shoot, edit and publish, requiring intensive collaboration with event production and marketing teams, location management, and vendors.
- Built model-year library, innovating multimedia capture system to aggregate studio-quality digital animations; system currently presents 800 models per year, allowing millions of consumers to research car purchases online.
- Managed logistics of sourcing, transporting and shooting 400 models.
- Resolved issues associated with inconsistent lighting quality and highly reflective surfaces, data management, and post-production workflows.
- Replicated structure for European partners.
- Negotiated production operations in sourcing, vetting, hiring, copyright, licensing, production and vendor fees.
- Partnered with executives, brand managers, OEM’s and external agencies as a single point of contact for all aspects of production.
- Established multimedia capture system to produce 360° interactive panoramas for Lincoln, Pontiac, Renault; scaled technique to incorporate hot spots featuring animations, video and text; system produced gorgeous 10K image quality and reduced capture time to 1.5 hours.
- High volume editing and post-production for two production teams, preparing images for sale to consumer research online stock photography agency CMS.
- Completed 8-car hybrid lineup for Renault France when in-house team was unable to meet deadline using CGI; demonstrated ability of studio image capture to surpass CGI quality – and deliver 5 models in 5 days.
- Enabled staffing of 2 studios with only 6 employees (20% less staff relative to direct competitors) via capture-system and workflow design.
- Spearheaded stock-media licensing platform; provided search, lightbox, share, client portal, e-commerce and image database; delivered $1M ROI 2009-2012.
Product Manager, March 2004-March 2005
ImageTech, Oakland, California
Performed business development in support of café kiosk print-on-demand technology, generating $100K.
Technology Instructor, November 2000-March 2005
San Francisco, California
Adobe Certified Instructor with a MA in Technology Education, I taught digital photography, Photoshop, Flash, and After Effects in classrooms and corporate training centers.
Photography Producer, March 1999-October 2000
Model E Corporation, Fremont, California
Produced video and photography for startup using computer-aided industrial design, modular component technologies and zero-asset production to make built-to-order vehicles. Singlehandedly managed media-asset requirements of Marketing, Sales and Engineering.